"Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications".
Installation and configuration
- Download and install Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Download and unzip Eclipse IDE
- Download and unzip Android SDK
- Install ADT plug-in into Eclipse IDE
- Configure ADT plug-in with the location of Android SDK
- Create an Android Virtual Device (AVD)
(0.1) Download and install JDK (Java Development Kit) if you have not done so yet.
If your system does not have JDK yet, please download and install JDK and install it on your system
(0.2) Download and unzip Eclipse IDE
1. Download Eclipse IDE.
- Using your browser, go to http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/.
- Select your OS from the drop-down menu.
- Download either Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers or Eclipse IDE for Java Developers.
- Download it either from main download site or mirror site.